Create mutual respect and appreciation.
Phileas was found in April 2020 from the urge to do something against the situation in refugee camps like Moria. We approach this situation with humanity.
To do so, Phileas connects young people across insurmountable borders and within Germany via smartphones, shapes future values and makes forgotten youths visible.
Phileas provides communication guidelines, organizes info events and collects feedback from all parties. To deal with problems, we have a professional trauma therapist on our team.
We’re now in the test phase. We exceed on Hamburg’s high school pupils to provide an real life teaching unit on our current geopolitical situation and with a partner of the nonprofit world we can provide a connection of the first groups and scale further.
We’re not politically affiliated. We want to maximize our positive impact by running a lean and scalable operation at minimal cost. We’re a team of committed volunteers.
- Connect humans
- Raise media attention through innovative project
- Create Visibility for refugees & their stories
- Awareness in the general population
- Relationships that overcome social distance
- Show that society cares about refugees
- Empower pupils to become world citizens
- Improve circumstances in camps
We’re a team of enthusiastic activists from Hamburg. We worked in educational and NGO contexts before and we’re super excited about helping pupils and refugees with Phileas.